Today was take 2 for seeing Santa. Again, we got the kiddos to the mall, talking of Santa all the way. There was a bit of a line so we had some extra time to get Jackson prepared. We even got to enjoy some man made snow while waiting. There came a point as we were nearing the front of the line that Santa made eye contact with Jackson and waved. We knew this was a test as to how the next few minutes would unfold and his reaction was not reassuring. He wanted nothing to do with Santa. He basically ignored him. However, I still held onto a bit of optimism that Jackson would think Santa was great and want to sit and chat with him a while. When it was finally our turn, Santa's helper came to let us in. We took one step inside the barrier and my optimism went out the window. Jackson immedialty clung to Chad with a grip I haven't ever seen and a look of horror took over his sweet face. I plopped Caroline down on the fat man's lap and tried to convince Jackson to do the same. He wasn't having it, though. Chad did his best to release the unwilling 2 year old and asked the photographer, "How fast can you take the picture?". Bless her, she tried distracting him with her array of noise making toys, but he wasn't having any of it. With arms outstretched and screaming, his first picture with Santa was taken - forever locked in history. At least he didn't blink.
Merry Christmas everyone! May your days be merry and bright!!


4 comments:
HAAAAAA! Poor Santa. I like how he's reaching, lol. Missy had what my mom called "worried hands" along with her huge tears and screaming.
That is fantastic! I love how calm Caroline is it makes it even better.
Well, I finally did it. So glad that your family came by to see the village. Loved having you. Z
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That is great!!!
Post a Comment