Chad loves Star Wars and is delighted that Jackson loves it as well. Chad loves it so much, in fact, that he has boxes of unopened figures. He loves them too much to even let them out to play. Well, tonight as Chad was searching for our Christmas CD's he came upon one of these boxes of figures. Jackson, who has been Chad's little shadow today, was in there "helping". It was only a matter of time before he would stumble upon this box of treasures. When he finally did, he slowly opened the box and looked at Chad in awe and said, "Daddy, have a prize?". He couldn't believe his eyes. It was like the Star Wars section at Target, but in his house. He went through almost all of them and recited the names of the ones he knew and asked Chad for help when he wasn't sure who he was holding. It was really sweet to see him so excited.
The mind of a 2-year old is quite amazing. The things our 2-year old comes up with keep us laughing for days. The newest gem came today when he referred to Caroline's eyelashes as "eye beards". We sure love that little boy!
I am very grateful for the quiet time that I get with Caroline as I am putting her to bed. I have time to reflect on the day and I have a chance to just sit and listen to the things going on outside her room. Tonight I listened to Chad singing along with Sufjan Stevens' version of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and a shirtless Jackson saying, "to infinity and beyond" over and over. All the while I was holding the most precious little girl as she drifted to sleep. I feel so blessed today.

He's modest. =)
3 comments:
Ok this post almost made me cry. That is what life is about.
Lacey - I'm enjoying your blog so much! Whenever I get caught up in too much "me", your thoughtful words and pictures of my precious family put everything in proper perspective. Thank you for making me cry tears of joy.
Love,
Eileen
I laughed out loud at the "eye beards" comment. What a cute kid!
Post a Comment