1.29.2009

Classic Jackson

I was going through old pictures of Jackson on the computer and realized how many favorites I have. It was really fun to think back to when he was smaller and to see how much he has grown and changed in such a short time. Since I only recently started a blog, I thought I'd post some "Classic Jackson" photos.
Here's to our little man.

We have soooo many pictures from the day he was born but this one is, by far, my favorite.

Chad got a gift certificate to a sporting goods store for Christmas and one of the things he purchased was this awesome sweat band. We all took turns trying it on. I love Jackson's smile in this one. So genuine.

Can you tell which furry animal is Jackson? I got the idea for this one day soon after Halloween and ran with it. Turned out to be one of my all time favorite photos.

He made a serious mess of his diaper and clothes and had to be rinsed off in the sink. We took a series of pictures that turned out so well, I was glad he'd made such a mess.
We've always thought he looked very thoughtful and I love that I captured a bit of that in this picture.
You can always (even today) count on Jackson for the very best bed head.Such a sweet face.

Eating his first birthday cake.
I love the toothy grin. His smile still melts my heart.
His first trip to the beach. He had just started walking.
Not much has changed - he still whines when we fix his hair. Notice the bottle of gel in his hand.
The year before, we had such success with our Christmas pictures. Jackson was in a great mood and so smiley. We didn't get the same result this time around. Instead we got a picture that makes me laugh out loud every time I see it. In the end, I think I like this one even better.
We were just playing around and I grabbed the camera. He was such a ham that day.
His first Sonic drink - an apple juice slush. He loved it!
In the pool this past summer. He has always loved the water.
He made me put socks and shoes on him (they were too small) and then he discovered how much fun an empty laundry basket can be.
It has been amazing to see him become a big brother. Here he melted my heart completely when he kissed his little sister the first time. He is still so sweet to her and she is completely in love with him as well.


I am so blessed by my 2 precious babies. I am extremely grateful to be their mom and get to share these moments with them. Thanks for indulging me on my journey down memory lane. I sure enjoyed it.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I loved memory lane. What precious pictures. I love them. I can't believe how much he looks like himself when he was a newborn. LOVE the family Christmas picture. Classic. And another fav is the one of him with the stuffed animals. What an adorable chick he was. SOOO cute, This was super fun to look at!

Stamp With Linz said...

Oh my goodness that Christmas picture made me LAUGH OUT LOUD. I LOVE Chad's face in this...I have some really great ones that mimic the crazy mad child trying to get their Christmas picture taken, we should enter a contest. I may have to refer to this picture when I'm in a bad mood, it's still make me chuckle. :)
PS Glad I found your blog!

Janadt.Huggins said...

I've loved Jackson since the moment he first tried to rip a pair of dangly earrings out of my ears. Its so fun to see all of this pictures of him and realize once a goof ball always a goof ball. What fun for you to see him grow. It makes me teary.