When the doctor made his appearance, Caroline was all smiles...until he got close and touched her. She let out a scream that I'm sure sent any anxious child in the waiting room running for the door. He backed away, stunned, and said, "I so did not expect that". "She doesn't like strangers" was my reply. I got her calmed down and he was able to finish the exam. However, every time her bottom lip began to quiver, we both braced ourselves for the worst. This was the easy part. Next came the shots. Dun, dun, dun.
Oh, and she had to drink this stuff again that she projectile vomited all over the place at her 2 month visit. I was nervous!! And rightly so. As soon as the nurse dropped the first bit of liquid in her mouth, the deafening scream abounded. Oh my! It made my eardrums rattle and she was not about to calm down. This time, not just crying, but tears as well. Melt my heart!! The nurse said, "I've never had a baby cry taking this stuff before". I guess Caroline is doing her best to stand out and be recognized. For that, I applaud her. Well, you can guess how the shots went - more of the same. Thank goodness the nurse was quick and Caroline did calm down pretty quickly after and was back to her (mostly) happy self. I am grateful she is healthy and strong and growing well. I'm grateful for the vaccines to protect her and in 2 months when we do this all again, I'll be grateful for the earplugs packed in the diaper bag.
Gotta love doctor day.


1 comment:
That is a great picture of Caroline! I'm glad Dr. Day went relatively well. She can use that scream as a weapon! You go girl!
Post a Comment