2.01.2009

Master of the Toilet

This past week I decided to really start pushing toilet training with Jackson. We'd been going at it very lightly for months and months, but I was getting to the point where I really dreaded seeing his poo-poo face because I knew I was going to have to get close and personal with the result of the funny face. So this week he wore underwear every day and I would take him to the potty about every 15 or 20 minutes and he would always go. We even started a chart that gave him incentive to go.
For the whole week he did really well - very few accidents. He has even, over the last couple days, started going completely on his own. I'll be in another room and hear the toilet flush. Ah, music to my ears! However, the poo in the potty was a little harder for him to grasp. Yesterday, all of a sudden, he was super pumped about it but when the time came he didn't make it in time and boy, was he upset! Poor guy. This morning before church, I was getting ready and Chad was in the kitchen. I heard Jackson come out of his room and say, "Daddy, go poo-poo on the potty." Chad asked if he needed to go and Jackson reiterated himself, "No. I go poo-poo on the potty." Sure enough. He had done it all by himself. He was so proud and I was just beaming. My little guy is using the potty. How cool is that! Never thought I'd be so excited about what someone else does in the bathroom. Who knew! We are so proud of him. He's pretty proud of himself as well.

He's wearing underwear in this, I promise. I made him put it on before I took the picture. =)


He got a sucker - so exciting!

1 comment:

Janadt.Huggins said...

Hooray Jackson!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of underwear!!!!