2.26.2009

A trip to the Falls

Last weekend Chad suggested, ever so kindly, that we get out of town for a few days so he could focus on the bar exam. So on Monday the kids and I headed to Wichita Falls to visit my parents. The drive there was magnificent. I always worry because it's about a 3 hour drive and lots of extra stops don't make it go by any faster. Luckily, this time I didn't have to stop at all. The kids slept almost the entire way and I got to have some quiet time mixed in with some sing along time with Missy Higgins and Alanis. We got to my parent's house Monday afternoon and Jackson was so excited to see his Oma and Opa. He ran into my Mom's arms and I know it just made her day. Caroline, who up to this point has been deathly afraid of anyone but Chad and I, went straight to her and was all smiles. That made my day. We got to spend time with my grandparents, my Aunt Arlene and cousin Bobbie as well as a dear family friend and faithful reader of my blog, Zan. Jackson had a wonderful time with my brothers, Adam and Cody, who were so sweet to spend so much time with us. We played outside and Jackson got to watch "Toy Story" on VHS. He thought that was neat. Caroline found a new way to entertain herself - blowing bubbles. She enjoyed showing off her new trick for everyone. I was even able to eat at my favorite Japanese place. It had been way too long and it was sooo yummy. I am grateful we were able to go and visit and I hope that our being gone helped Chad focus on what he needed to do. We sure missed him and were so happy to come back home to him today.
Here are some pictures from our trip.


Jackson wearing Oma out.





















Uncle Cody



Opa


Enjoying the outdoors

Helping Oma bring in the trash can

Uncle Adam

Grandpa Schroeder

He smelled the candle then took a bite. Guess it smelled yummy.

Nanny
Papa

I promise Papa isn't falling on Jackson, but I think it's pretty funny that it looks that way.

Showing Nanny and Papa how well she sits.

1 comment:

zan said...

Yes, I am a DEAR family friend !!!
Loved seeing all of you. Just realized to send a "comment", I just have to click on comment, and here I am. How cool is that???
hehehe!!! You are such a wonderful, kind, loving Mother.
Love you bunches !!! Z