I've had many friends in my life and I've realized that many of the ones I keep in touch with regularly are all fans of the Indigo Girls. There's something about those 2 ladies and their music that brings people together. So when we were out to dinner with Devin and Jana very early in our friendship and I discovered that Jana was an Indigo Girls fan, I knew then and there we were going to be great friends. I was right - from that day our friendship has really blossomed. We have yet to see the Indigo Girls together (I had tickets to see them this past summer, but Jana was out of town - grrrr!!!). We have, however, seen 2 other great female artists together and man, did we have a blast. Our first show was Brandi Carlile at the House of Blues in Dallas back in September 2007. She has grown to be a favorite of ours. Here is a picture of us before the show. Aren't we cute!

We got there super early so we could stake out our place up front. We got a really great spot, front and center and only a few rows away from the stage. We danced and sang our little hearts out. It was really fun to have that experience with someone who loved the music just as much as I did. I'll throw in a few shots that Jana took at the show for your viewing pleasure.

Recently, we hit the House of Blues again but this time to see Missy Higgins. She is another great singer/songwriter from Australia that we both adore. Here is a picture of us before this show.
I'll invite you to compare this one to the one above. See a difference? Well, Jana and I did. We look stinkin' exhausted in this one. We had a good laugh about it. What a difference adding extra children made. For the Brandi Carlile show, we both put some effort into our appearance. For Missy we were just happy to be out of the house. It'll be interesting to see us at our next concert.
Anyway, Missy was great and Jana and I had a wonderful time dancing and singing along with her. Chad and I love live music and going to shows together, but we don't always love the same live music. How grateful am I to have a friend to enjoy these girlie rockers with!
Here are some shots of Missy Higgins doing her thing.




2 comments:
AWESOME post! Indigo Girls fans stick together that's for sure! I'm glad you talked about the difference in our before concert photos it really is stink'in hilarious!
I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I am "following" you now. :-) I am going to try to get back into blogging...
Post a Comment