4.08.2009

Adventures in Newmanland

With the end of law school we were excited for the next adventure and anxious to see where we might be going. About 2 weeks ago Chad interviewed with a small plaintiff's firm and came away from the interview feeling great. He really liked the people he met and felt very positive about the work he'd be doing. I was extremely happy to hear him so excited about it. So when one of the partners came through Waco on Sunday and offered Chad the job, we were both thrilled. But I made Chad promise me he wouldn't accept any offers until I had been to visit the town and meet the people at the firm. Well, that's what we did Tuesday and Wednesday. Our family was met with such a warm welcome and made to feel so special. It was really great! I can see why Chad felt so great about the prospect of working there. We were shown around the town and did the best we could in a short amount of time to get a feel for it. Chad and I have both been very prayerful about this decision and knew it was one we could not take lightly. After many prayers and much thought, we decided to accept their offer. So folks, we're moving to Longview, Texas and Chad will be employed at Erskine McMahon. We are really excited to start the next chapter of our lives and there just happens to be one really big perk - our dear friends, Devin and Jana, are moving there as well. Devin will also be working for Erskine McMahon. Crazy, right? Anyway, I am thrilled that Chad has a job he's excited about. I know he is going to do so well and I am so proud of him!! Look out, Longview!! The Newmans are moving in.

3 comments:

Janadt.Huggins said...

I'm glad we're considered a perk :) I'm super excited to still be able to see each other. Nothing's better than moving to a strange place with friendly faces.

mk said...

That is sososososo AWESOME you guys are all moving together!! What a blessing! Congrats, guys!

K. Huggins said...

Wow Lacey, Congratulations! That sounds so wonderful for you, your Husband, and your family!!! It is really fabulous that you AND your husband made the decision together! What a great marriage the two of you have! Good Luck on your new adventure!!!!!!