8.31.2009

My Papa

This past weekend the kids and I made the trek to Wichita Falls to join in on a surprise birthday party for my Papa who turned 90. Wowza!! He was very surprised! And thankfully, there were no heart attacks!!


Gotcha!
They thought they were just meeting a few family members at Luby's for lunch.
They had no idea EVERYONE would be there.
My Aunt had Papa's Dad's bible recovered for him.
My Mom and Dakota
Aunt Faye
Sean


My Dad and Aunt Carolyn
The kid's table

Uncle Phil and Tim

He was very moved to have his whole family together again. He shared stories from his life and expressed his love to all of us. It was great to be a part of this major milestone in his life!

4 comments:

Christina Haney said...

I was quite moved just looking through the pics. What a wonderful day. You have a wonderful family. I miss you all.

K. Huggins said...

How wonderful for your Papa and your family!!! Such a blessing to have family elders around to share wonderful memories! Thanks for sharing your Papa's special day with us!!! ;o)

Tanna's Triplets said...

Aww, I wish I could have been there!!

Anonymous said...

I've been checking all day hoping you'd post the pictures. It was such fun being with you guys. LOVE the pictures! I loved seeing Kota, Jackson and little Caroline playing...so sweet together. Kota talked about "Ja-sun" all the way home the next day. You have such a beautiful family...just makes me want to see you guys more. To me, your mama is really like the sister I never had and I love her so much!! Tell her that for me next time you talk to her:o) I love you guys!!!
Jenny