So today at church as we sang the sacramental hymn, Jackson joined in. His melody was clearly different than ours, and the words he sang were not decipherable at first. But he sang with gusto and without any shyness. I figured he was adapting his favorite hymn, "I am a child of God, " as he does often. Then as Lacey and I shared a glance, proud that our boy wanted to participate, we both made out distinctly the line, "...and I'll keep on fighting to the end...". That's right, he was singing, "We Are the Champions."
Our faces turned red and our bodies shook as we tried to suppress our laughter. Jackson just sang on.


5 comments:
Go Jackson! Marching to the beat of your own drummer, as always. :-)
He is SO Chad's kid. I saw this on FB and that was the very first thing I thought. LOL, that is so AWESOME!!
Yes!! I love it! :)
That is great! I'm sure it was difficult to contain yourselves! LOL!
That is so stinkin hilarious. Oh my heck. I love it.
Post a Comment