I picked up a gingerbread house kit today and Jackson was excited to make a house for Santa. I was excited, too. I don't think I've ever made one before. I opened the box, laid out all of the supplies, figured out how to put it together (where to put the icing and such) and we got started. The gingerbread smelled really yummy and Jackson's eyes got wider as each bag of candy and sprinkles were opened. Caroline climbed out of her highchair and onto the table twice trying to get to all the goodies. We got the house put together and I gave Jackson free reign over the candy to begin decorating.
He was working with the method of one for the house, one for him.
We were having a great time until we noticed the roof sliding off. I quickly grabbed some more icing and piped away hoping that would hold it. It did but only for a minute or so. I piped some more icing. Again, that only bought a little time. Before we knew it the entire thing was caving in. Jackson and I both reacted the same way saying, "Oh, Oh, Oh!" with our arms stretched out as if we could somehow protect it that way. I tried one more time to ice it back together but it immediately fell again. So...
...we ate it.
We were hoping to have a beautiful house to show Chad when he gets home, but all we have is rubble.
Oh well. Tastes good.
1 comment:
I think a gingerbread house in rubble is a great political statement of our current economy. I know that's exactly what you were going for ;)
Post a Comment