1.29.2010

When screams turn to giggles.

Do you have bad days?

I did today. For the most part it was just a yucky day. I wasn't feeling well and neither was Caroline. Caroline + teething = suuuper cranky 16 month old. Jackson was trying his best to aggravate both of us and it was grey, gloomy and cold outside. Like I said, YUCKY day! We had to run some errands this afternoon and as soon as I put Caroline in her car seat she let me (and the entire block) know she did not want to go anywhere. She continued her ear drum splitting protest as we set out down the road. I tried talking to her, tried rubbing her leg, tried making her laugh - nothing was working so I just turned the music up. She then turned up the volume on her screams. I felt like I was going to join in the screaming when, all of a sudden, there was a break in the screaming. I sat and waited for it to begin again. It didn't. Instead, something new took place of the screams - a giggle. I glanced to the backseat to see that Jackson had reached over and taken her hand and was making her giggle. There were my two little ones, hand in hand, laughing at each other the entire rest of the way. I joined in the laughter, too. It turns out laughter is more contagious than screaming.

At that moment my mood changed, Caroline's mood changed and I was so grateful for my little Jackson and how sweet he can be. I sure do love those babies and nothing cheers a yucky day more than when screams turn to giggles.

1 comment:

Janadt.Huggins said...

Love that story. hoping that will happen in the Huggins home at some point..