7.23.2010

I think I can, I think I can...

Our public library has been so fun this summer. Each week they have different activities and special guests for the kids. We have really enjoyed spending time there. Earlier this week we went for story time about reptiles and then got to see and learn about a bunch of different snakes all of sizes. I do not like snakes, but it was still fun. At one point the snake guy asked for a volunteer and a bunch of hands went up in the air - Jackson's hand being one of them. He looked back at me and I asked, "Do you want to hold the snake?" He did not. I had to explain to him that by holding his hand up he was letting the snake guy know that he wanted to hold the snake. He then promptly put his hand back down.

This morning we went to hear from a train conductor for the Texas State Railroad. I had pretty high hopes for this, unfortunately, it really wasn't that cool. I still think Jackson had a good time, but it was a little boring. We read "The Little Engine That Could" and learned how steam engines work. Then we got to see a bunch of pictures of all of the Engines and train cars they have. They do offer train rides and even a Polar Express ride at Christmas Time. I think that would be really fun! We may have to look into it.

Anyway, here are a few shots I got today.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

Leah said...

That is so cool. What a great library!