Since our move to Longview all of our cd's have been housed in boxes in a closet. We have most everything we really care about in itunes so we didn't need those space taker-upers out among us. Yesterday, however, Chad decided to get them out and begin going through them. He stayed up late alphabetizing, discarding (Creed made that pile) and finding room for some in a cabinet. While he had them all out I snapped some shots of our collection.
This represents our musical choices over many years. It was fun to think back to when and why we bought a certain album (Creed was not mine, by the way). It was also comforting to see the albums that really mean something to us (Pearl Jam and Indigo Girls for example) Music is cool like that. We also thought about the countless hours that went into making the massive amount of music sitting on our living room floor.
We are music lovers. When we're at home, we have it playing. Before we pull our car out of the garage we get the ipod set. We make mixes for special and everyday occasions and we're, hopefully, passing this love onto the little Newmans. Because, as we continue on with our love of music and cd purchasing, this may be their inheritance. :-)



1 comment:
Love this post. Tell Chad it's ok he has a little Creed. I have some too. I'm to proud of it, but hey I'm in the club.
Post a Comment