10.15.2010

Didn't take him to jail.

The weather lately has been just perfect and we try to get outside as much as we can. Today was no different. When the kids were up from their nap we headed outside. Caroline and I went out through the garage to ride bikes on the driveway. Jackson was still inside putting on his shoes and joined us just a few minutes later. However, he came out the front door instead of the garage. I didn't think anything of it until....I heard our alarm going off. I'd totally forgotten the alarm was set and when Jackson came out the front door he set it off. So, within a minute or so the alarm company called to see what was going on. I assured them we were fine and we all headed back outside to resume our bike riding and weather enjoying. A few minutes later a police officer came cruising up our street. I turned to Jackson and said, "He's here for you because you set off the alarm." It was no big deal - he gave us stickers. After he left Jackson said, "That police didn't take me to jail." Nothing like a visit from a police officer to jazz up your afternoon.

This is Jackson shortly after our special visitor left.

Photobucket
Refusing to smile for me.
Photobucket
He finally cracked.

Photobucket
Caroline isn't phased. She's got her fruit snacks.
Photobucket
and this one just because I like it. :-)

Then we played a game of Jump the Caroline.
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was a pretty good afternoon.





1 comment:

Janadt.Huggins said...

I'm glad the police officer wasn't mad. It's good to know your alarm system works in case of a real emergency. ;) Great pics of both of your kids.