1.19.2011

Sing me to sleep.

Music plays in our house and our car pretty much whenever we're in either. If we don't have music on we're singing our own. We love music. Jackson asked me this morning what songs he liked when he was little. It was fun to think back to the songs that he loved. At the top of his 2-year old play list - Viva la Vida by Coldplay. I have a picture of Jackson sitting on my bed with my old ipod nano and headphones that were too big for his head. Can you guess what he was listening to?

It's been fun as we've discovered new artists to share them with our children and see which ones they gravitate toward. Jackson has taken quite a liking to Arcade Fire, Vampire Weekend and The National. Caroline's favorites are more along the Disney line right now. If you ask her for a request she'll more than likely ask for Tangled. However, she doesn't hesitate to let you know when "Cousins" comes on that "it's Vampire Weekend".

Chad and I have very similar taste in music but we also differ in that during the day when he's not around I turn to my ladies to serenade me as I clean and fold laundry and dance around with the children. When we're together we tend to listen to bands that share our mutual approval. I love that we share a similar taste but not the exact same.

We enjoy searching the internet together to find live performances for bands we both enjoy. One series we are particularly fond of are the Take Away Shows. If you have a minute take a look and search through - you might even find someone you recognize. If you don't recognize anyone, just take a listen and see what you think about someone new. You never know, you might just love them.

Anyway, there is one young lady that I discovered a year or so ago and have listened to a lot since. She's been singing to me for most of the day today. I love her. Her voice is soothing and her lyrics sweet and simple. Her music makes me happy. I discovered today that she has one of these take away shows. Lovely! This song in particular makes me wish she would come to my house and sing me to sleep every night. See what you think. Oh, and Jackson and Caroline like her, too.

1 comment:

Janadt.Huggins said...

You already know how much I love your taste in music. It was our first bond. I think your kids need to come over here and help Elliot like something other than "Child of God" not that I don't love that song....