My mom is the best. She pulls pages of ideas out of magazines and saves them for me.
While the kids and I were visiting her a couple weeks ago she gave me a stack of things she'd been saving. In that stack was a picture of some lovely curtains made out of burlap. I was instantly in love and knew they had to be made for my living room.
The next day we spent a good portion of the morning going back and forth from Hancock fabric to Hobby Lobby making sure we were getting just what I wanted in trim and burlap. (Luckily both stores are in the same shopping center!)
After about 2 hours of that (with kids who couldn't have been better sports. Seriously!) we had what we needed to make the cutest curtains ever.
Now, I have never sewn anything more than a button in my life so I thought I would try my hand out on these curtains. I chickened out. I was so afraid I'd mess them up so I helped pin but when it was time to sew I decided to just watch and absorb everything my mother did. It was a great lesson even though I didn't actually get behind the machine.
Now, here's a look at the making of the curtains.
And finally...
here is the finished product.
We also seem to have created a new favorite hiding place for Caroline.
I love them! Thanks, Mom!!











3 comments:
They are beautiful i pictures and in person! I love them and the little girl hiding i them.
Ok so my n button is not working very well. Put the ns in where needed.
They are beautiful! Your mom is pretty talented. I love how the light comes through the curtains, and the trim adds the perfect touch. Great job!
Post a Comment