We went to the park yesterday and at one point Caroline sat down and started playing with some sticks. I called to her, "Caroline, what are you doing?" She replied, "I'm just hangin' out."
Last week as Chad sat waiting for oncoming traffic to clear so he could turn onto our street, someone driving behind him wasn't paying attention and slammed into the back of his car going about 50 miles an hour. That really put a cramp in our evening and in Chad's neck and back. And in our car. Chad is feeling better little by little. He's such an in demand guy that he wasn't able to take too much time off to relax and recover, but he did get a little hangin' out time. The car is totaled, but I am so grateful he wasn't hurt any worse than he was. I sure don't know what I'd without him.
Then this last Monday evening Caroline started running a fever that lasted until Thursday. So the kids and I spent the majority of the week inside watching Disney Jr. with the occasional 'Tangled' viewing thrown into the mix. On Thursday Chad stayed home and had some hang out time with Caroline while I took Jackson to the zoo. It was good for all of us to have some one on one time.
I'm so glad that those 2 loves of mine are on the mend and hope they stay that way! Hangin' out time is good but I prefer it be when everyone is well and the car isn't wrecked.






No comments:
Post a Comment