4.04.2011

Where you invest your love, you invest your life

So many wonderful lines come from songs. I love when you hear a song and a certain line sticks out to you. It might not even be the same line every time. Today as I listened to a song by Mumford and Sons the line that is the title of this post stuck out to me - Where you invest your love, you invest your life.

This past weekend was General Conference for our church. It was awesome! I love hearing from our sweet prophet and the other leaders of our church. I came away feeling so uplifted and joyous.
One of the talks focused on marriage and the family. The Elder speaking told stories of his marriage and the love he has for his now deceased wife. He spoke of the little things they did for each other. He spoke of the little notes they would leave for the other to find. He said after his wife passed away he found where she had kept all of those little notes protected in plastic. They were precious to her.

This made me think of my Chad. From the beginning he has left notes for me to find. I remember when we were dating I would often find a note on my car when I'd get off of work. I still have them. They are precious to me. He still does it. In fact, I leave a pad of paper by the phone, not so much for jotting down phone messages, but more so because I enjoy the sweet and often funny notes left there for me by my sweetheart.

I am so grateful for Chad and for the love that he has for me. I am also so grateful for the knowledge that I have that we will be together forever. He is my eternal companion and I am happy and ever so willing to invest my love in him, to invest my life.

Photobucket
This was taken about a week or so before we were married. We were standing in the small dining room of our first apartment together. I had just come from my bridal shower and we were delivering our goods to the apartment. I was so happy that day. I didn't really have any idea what was in store for us, but I knew that I loved the man beside me and that I always would. The love that I felt for him that day doesn't even compare to the love I feel for him today.


****************

Want to hear what a choir of angels sounds like?
Click here.

3 comments:

Leah said...

What a beautiful post. I love it. You 2 are so great together!!!!

Cody said...

You sort of look like your mother.

Anonymous said...

I have a tear in my eye. Love you guys.