6.25.2011

The boy turned 5.

The number 5 - let's think about it. If you have 5 dollars you don't really have much money. If you need to wait 5 minutes it's usually not a big deal. If you have 5 jelly beans you'll probably want more. Where am I going with this? I wanted to point out that in many cases 5 isn't that big of a deal. However, when you're celebrating your baby turning 5 it's a HUGE deal.

So huge, in fact, we had to celebrate with thousands of people and Shamu.

Photobucket

As we pulled into the park Jackson asked, "Do the whales and sea lions and dolphins know it's my birthday?" I'm positive they did.

Photobucket

Our first stop when we entered the park was a show. There were dolphins, a beluga whale, divers and acrobats. As the show started with it's Enya-ish music, the waterworks weren't only in the pool. I couldn't help it. There we all were enjoying our first real family vacation all together. Everyone was happy and excited. Everyone was having a great time and I couldn't help but think about how blessed I am and that combination, for me, brings tears. (Before we left home, a friend told me that might happen.) Thankfully, the music changed, my eyes dried up and things got really crazy and fun - people doing amazing dives and flips and flying through the air. It was really cool.

After the show, we made our way to some very over priced food and then took Jackson on his very first ride. It was a roaring rapids type ride and it was so awesome to share that first with him. Of the 6 people on the ride he got the wettest. :-)

Then we went to see the Shamu show. We got there late and spent a few minutes searching the massive crowd for a place to sit. The show was great and Jackson enjoyed it. He was getting tired though and laid his head on my lap for a little of it. I made him sit up, not so much to watch the show, but more because I was so stinkin' hot and his head is like the sun.

After Shamu, we decided it was time to really cool off. We made our way over to THE COOLEST splash park I'd ever seen.
Photobucket
(somehow I manage to catch him with his eyes closed more often than anyone else)
The splash park was huge and man, the water felt sosososo good. We stayed there a while then took the kids on some rides. Jackson got to ride his very first roller coaster, we went on the carousel and Caroline discovered a ride she loved. She rode it 3 times and each time it ended she tried her hardest to have another turn.
Photobucket
Photobucket
By about 5 we were all pretty much spent. We said goodbye to Sea World, but the birthday fun didn't stop there. Stay tuned for part 2.


2 comments:

ashley b said...

how fun lacey! and i have to agree that 5 is a huge deal when talking about your babies. :) i'm glad you guys had a good time!

Janadt.Huggins said...

5 is a HUGE deal!! You celebrated it well. Happy Birthday my friend Jackson.