Well folks, we've made it through the first 2 weeks of kindergarten. Jackson's nerves get him in the morning, but at the end of the day he's full of fun stories. The rest of us are doing well too. It's a little quieter at home with just a single little one around during the day. Caroline is enjoying ruling the roost and having it her way with her toys (and his).
Here she is deep in thought.
I'm enjoying the one-on-one time with her as well. She's discovered a love of painting and created an amazing watercolor a few weeks ago that is now hanging in our entry way for all to see.
She painted every day last week. Each one she did is different, yet similar. I would love to have a wall devoted to her paintings, but we've run out of walls. I'll have to figure out a creative way to display them. I'm so proud of her and her talent.
She likes to "cook" for me. That's how we spend a good portion of our play time together. She calls it "playing food". She takes my order and, after carefully preparing it, serves it to me in a cup or bucket. She's starting a new food trend. Soon, it'll be all over pinterest.
Speaking of pinterest, I'm in love. I've found so many wonderful ideas and have them stored away. Now if I can only figure out how to prioritize them and actually do them. I am learning how to knit. That's something. I found a tutorial for a cute headband so I'm giving that a shot. It's very basic so I should be able to do it. Chad joked that I was becoming a 90-year old woman by knitting. Because of that comment he's not getting a Christmas sweater.
I hope you all had a great week and enjoy your long weekend.






2 comments:
tell caroline that i'm going to have to commission her for a painting for my nursery soon! i love her water color! one day we'll have to get together and do an art day with her and gare while the boys are at school. then you can feel close to jackson for a while too! :)
so cute. Okay, I think I'm ready to join Pinterest. I feel like I have so many things that try to eat up any free time, so I've been procrastinating, but I think it's time. Can you send me an invite?? Would love it. :)
Post a Comment