...it's really smelly.
That would be Jackson's reply. And I won't lie. It is really smelly. But it is a dairy farm so what do you expect?
We spent Thanksgiving day at my Grandpa's house in Windthorst, TX. Ever heard of it?
My mom is from there and my Grandpa, as well as a couple of my aunts, uncles and cousins still live there.
It's a very small, German farming town.
And, yes, the whole town is smelly. :-)
But I have fond memories there. Growing up I spent every Thanksgiving, Christmas and many a Sunday afternoon there.
I always enjoyed visiting, but I was grateful I didn't have to live there. I always hated the smell and having to watch your step if you wanted to venture away from the house.
I was also grateful I never had to get up before dawn to help milk (or "melk" as they say it).
I guess I'm just city girl. And that's ok.
It was fun taking the kids out there. It'd been a couple of years since we'd been so it was all new to them. It was a beautiful day so we spent time outside with the cows. 

Caroline wasn't too sure about coming face to face with this calf. She wanted to be friendly, but Caroline did not.
This swing set is the exact same one my mom and siblings played on when they were younger and, consequently, the same one my cousins and I played on. It was old and rusty then and it's even older and rustier now, but it's still standing and our kids thought it was fantastic. Well, until Jackson cut his finger on the swing chain. Yeah, that rusty red one up there. That's the one. Don't worry, we cleaned it super well!
My mom's side of the family is LARGE so there were a lot of people to celebrate with. The food was really good and I was with my wonderful husband and two precious kiddos. That will always make for a perfect Thanksgiving day!













1 comment:
Glad you had an awesome time on the smelly farm!!
Post a Comment