The first game of the season was this past Saturday afternoon.
As you can see from the above picture, he was so excited.
We arrived at the soccer fields and made our way through the crowds to find field #7 and other members of the team.
Coach Angus took the players onto one end of the field to warm up with the other team on the other side.
Before we knew it it was time for the game to begin.
(There's Jackson waiting for his turn to play)
When Jackson took the field, I'll be honest, my stomach was in knots. He's only had 2 practices and doesn't yet really know what to do. Regardless of that he hustled out there and gave it his best.
When the ball would come his way, he was a little timid and would let someone else kick it, but we haven't exactly taught him to be aggressive so that was understandable. He'll get in in time.
Until then I just hope he keeps having fun. He says he likes the boys on his team and wants to go again next week so that makes me happy.
(did you notice that Chad's firm is sponsoring the team this year?)
I think his most favorite parts about the game were the parent made tunnel at the end and the snacks.
(The last time I was a part of a tunnel, my now grown brothers were the little ones in the soccer jerseys. It was a little weird standing there as my own little one ran by.)
Chad and I were so proud of him! He really did his best and I'm excited to see how far he'll come this season.
Feel free to come out and support the team anytime.
GO ATOMIC FIRE!!










3 comments:
I can't tell you how happy this makes me.
way to go jackson! and look at you, sharing pictures and whatnot...i have been such a slacker this season! i'm hoping we'll be able to make one of his games!
Very cool. He looks so official!!
Post a Comment