4.04.2012

"sprinkalers"

When we got home from picking Jackson up from school today we went through the usual routine: bathroom, wash hands, have snack, read, have more snack and then off to their rooms to play.  Caroline came out asking me to help her with a princess dress that hangs too high in her closet for her to reach.  As I released the dress from the hanger I saw her precious, red and while polka dot swimsuit from last summer hanging at the back.  This is what happened in my brain over the next few seconds, "It's warm enough for a little run through the sprinklers.  That would kill a lot of time before dinner and thoroughly wear them out for bedtime.  SOLD!"  

As soon as I said the word "sprinkler", Caroline was stripping her clothes to make way for that polka dot suit.  Jackson took a little more convincing - he was already dressed as Captain America, you see, but he came around.

I wish you could have heard the shrieks of pure delight that came from our Caroline all during the 15 allotted minutes of front yard sprinkler system fun.  

And I have to admit, the smell of the sunscreen, my 2 cuties in their bathing suits and the way Caroline says "sprinkalers" did make me a little excited for summer.  Just a little.  





1 comment:

Felicia said...

Awesome new header! Your blog always cheers me up with its fun songs, creative writing, and professional photography!