9.11.2012

New Galaxy

This is Jackson's second season playing soccer.  When it was time to sign up again he informed me he didn't want to play anymore because he didn't want to get sweaty.  I informed him that wasn't a good enough reason and he was going to try another season before he decided if he wanted to move onto something else.  

So, here we are at the beginning of a new season with a new team name,  a new number, a new coach and new teammates.  We even have cool new jersey's.  They are still in Jackson's favorite color, though.  That was a nice surprise for him.  

This year things are different.   The coaches are focusing more on strategy and teaching the ins and outs of the game plus they're introducing goalies.  Last season the boys enjoyed an open goal to shoot at as they pleased.  It's a lot of change, but so far I think Jackson's enjoying it.  

The first game was this past Saturday.  Many of the boys on the team are playing for the first time, but you can easily tell who has an older sibling who also plays soccer.  It'll be a great season and I can see Jackson improving a lot.  I'm excited about it.  

And so far, he hasn't seemed to mind getting sweaty.  That much.  






GO GALAXY!!

No comments: