Today I overheard Caroline's doll house family telling each other, with Caroline as their narrator, how much they love each other. I even heard the grandma tell the child, "You are the most perfect." This made my heart happy.
"I love you's" flow pretty freely in our home. Hugs and kisses are ever abundant. I like it that way. Even still, I sometimes wonder am I doing enough to show those I love just how much I do?
A friend of mine lost her husband suddenly this morning. They were the best of friends and so in love. Their youngest child had just started her first year of college away from home and they were looking forward to spending time just the two of them again after years of raising a family.
News like this always causes me to stop and reflect. I take a step back and look inward for a while. I don't look inward enough. Distractions of the day and non essential things get in the way of focusing on the things that really matter most. Today, I'm thinking about my precious family. They are such a blessing and they make my days amazing. I have the most kind, selfless and loving husband. I have two of the sweetest and most wonderful children and I'm blessed to have one more added to the mix. I am grateful for these moments of reflection. I am grateful to stand still for a moment, take a look around me and say a prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father for all that he has seen to bless me with.
Our lives really are a gift, but none of us know how long this amazing gift will be ours to enjoy. It is my hope, my goal to make the most of mine.




No comments:
Post a Comment