He did it. He finished first grade. And he will turn 7 in just a couple of weeks. I know every year I will say something similar to this, "How did this happen?!" and each year i'll mean it.
He had a rough start adjusting to another new school, new teacher, new kids, new routine, but when he adjusted, he starting soaring. He did so, so well this year. His teachers just couldn't say enough wonderful things about him. He made us all so proud.
He learned addition, subtraction, how to tell time and he's reading on a third grade level. He also found a love for running and ran 27 miles this year - more than any other kid in the entire first grade. He made many new friends, lost 4 teeth and has gained such confidence in himself. I am so pleased with his first year at this new school and can't wait to see where he goes from here.
Here's to my Jackson, the first grade graduate.
Jackson learned how to put a powerpoint presentation together and presented one to the class and parents.
Here he is receiving his awards.
One thing I love about Mrs. Johnson is she has a summer birthday just like me and Jackson. She made it a point to make the summer birthdays in her class feel celebrated. She called them all up, presented them a certificate and we all sang to them, then they were served cupcakes. I NEVER got celebrated at school. NEVER. I'm so glad he got to be.
The fabulous Mrs. Johnson!









No comments:
Post a Comment