6.17.2013

It rained on our parade, but that didn't stop us from parading

Long title.  Sorry.  True story, though.  As we left our house this morning headed to the park to celebrate our Jackson's 7th birthday, the weather was lovely.  There was slight breeze and it was a little overcast.  I was thinking how lucky we were since this was to be an outside party.  The closer we got to our destination, the darker the clouds got and I started to worry.  We parked and began unloading...and the wind started picking up.  And picking up.  And picking up.  I could just see all 8 hours worth of cooking and baking gone with the wind - literally.  The guests were arriving with looks of, "Are you really still having the party?!" as other patrons at the park hurried toward their cars to escape the impending storm.  We huddled together under the pavilion as the rain joined in with the wind.  We hurriedly sang "Happy Birthday" to our precious boy just in case we had to abandon our plans.  My heart was sinking knowing how much he had been looking forward to this day.  He's only been counting down daily for 2 weeks.  My sweet friend and cheerleader, Jana, assured me the rain and wind would pass.  We braved it for about 10 minutes, all the while trying to eat quickly and enjoy ourselves as the wind and rain whipped us and our belongings around.  Finally, the wind died down and the rain began to as well.  There was light at the end of the tunnel.  The children decided it was okay to leave the safety of the pavilion and venture out into the splash pad.  And after a very rocky start, it ended up being a fantastic party!!  Jackson was surrounded by amazing friends who love him and he got to run around playing light sabers.  Doesn't get much better for him.

I love, love our friends here!  Thank you all for coming out today and celebrating with us.  You gave Jackson such a memorable birthday!

Check out the festivities.  

Dallin and Jackson

Elliot, Jana and Azure

Gage and Garrett

Kaitlin

Baby William

Austin

Jade

Emerson

Azure and Elliot

Nielie under attack

Cole, Jackson, Riker, James and Gage

Kaitlin and Alera

My crew

(Not so) Baby James

Elliot focusing on filling that water gun.  He's quite the assassin.

Caroline and Maddie

My crew with our adopted daughter, Azure.

Happy birthday, Jackson!! We sure love you!



1 comment:

Janadt.Huggins said...

I love this post. I may of shed a tear of two...or buckets. I love Azure sneaking in on a family shot. Photo bomb! But hey she thinks she's a Newman, and I don't blame her. The happiest of birthdays to you my dear friend Jackson. I sure love you buddy!!