My iPhone stays in my back pocket most of the day. We don't use a land line anymore so I try to keep my phone super handy especially with Jackson away at school during the day. With that said, I always have a camera on me. And most of the time the moments that I think "hey, I should capture this" don't allow me to say "hold that pose while I go get my big camera". Unfortunately. So, my phone is my medium for most of those moments. While I'm grateful for the easy access to a camera, there are some moments I really wish I'd captured with more than just my cell phone. This was one of those moments.
Caroline is wearing her "Velma glasses" from when our family dressed up as the Scooby Doo gang a few years ago for Halloween. She actually said to me, "I'm pretending I can't see without my glasses. Just like you." She had pinned her hair back with various clips and was listening to Katy Perry's new song "Roar" on her iphone. On her wrist is a bracelet she made all by herself and she's wearing her favorite dress. She wears this and it's sibling, a green and white striped one, every single week. This is our Caroline. This is a moment of her just being her. These are the moments I live to remember. These are the ones that will mean so much to me, and hopefully her, years down the road. This is a moment I wish now had been captured on a better camera.
At least I have it. I'm grateful for that.


No comments:
Post a Comment