12.18.2013

Chalkboard fun

I was recently called to serve with our young women in our ward here and I am enjoying being around these awesome young girls (even if it does make me feel old).  Their strength and testimonies are inspiring.  For Christmas it is a tradition (started by my dear friend, Jana) for the girls and leaders to make a gift to exchange.  I decided to do something to go along with the theme for the upcoming year.  I've been wanting to play around with the chalkboard look for a while and decided now was the time to give it a try.  With a little tutorial I found through pinterest and some trial and error, this is what I ended up with.  I've framed it in a white frame with a white mat and I am so pleased with the end result.  I hope whoever gets it at our gift exchange this evening likes it as much as I do. 




No comments: