1.08.2009

A new addition to our family

Chad and I have talked about adoption and both felt very strongly that it was something we should do. We had no idea that someone new would be joining our family so soon. He's a sweet little thing and is very well behaved. It is actually Jackson who primarily takes care of him. He makes sure he's fed, burped and changed and that he gets the naps he needs. Jackson is proving to be a very good Daddy.

Little Kirby (Jackson named him) came to our family over Christmas and today Jackson took on the role of his parent. He found him among Caroline's toys, picked him up, gave him a hug, asked if he was hungry then proceeded to "nurse" him as I do Caroline.


When Kirby was full, Jackson burped him and took him into his room and put him down for a nap. I heard Jackson say, "Time for sleep, Little Kirby. Goodnight."
Jackson came out and a few minutes later told me Kirby was crying so he went in to check on him. Then when Kirby woke up, he apparently had a runny nose because Jackson came out with his baby wipes and wiped Kirby's nose for him. It was really funny and very sweet to see Jackson taking such good care of him. I'm not sure what to do about the nursing thing. I was laughing too hard when he did it to try and explain that boys can't nurse. Maybe tomorrow I'll fix Kirby a bottle.

3 comments:

Janadt.Huggins said...

I love that he nursed Kirby. That is more fantastic that words can describe!

Tanna's Triplets said...

HAHA, what a cute baby Kirby!!! Congrats on the new addition.

Leah said...

what a precious boy. I love that story. I can just picture you laughing when he nursed him. No way to give an explanation at that point. That is GREAT!!!! Thanks for the laugh....and sweet story.