Jackson turned 3 today. I can't believe my little baby is 3!! We had a great time celebrating him. This morning when he got up Chad and I offered to sing to him to which he responded, "No. Don't sing!" We honored his wishes. Later, Jana and I decided to check out a new park. It was really beautiful. East Texas is really lovely!! The park was covered in huge trees and had lots of fun things to play on. Then we went to Walmart to get things to make Jackson's cupcakes. He wanted Spiderman and I tried to make webs with icing but because I am a complete amateur when it comes to cake decorating, it didn't work out. I settled on just writing his name and making smiley faces. I'll work on it for next year, Jackson. When Chad came home from work we surprised Jackson with dinner at Chuck E. Cheese's. When we pulled into the parking lot and Jackson realized where we were he said, "What!?" He was so excited. We ate pizza and played games - he loved it. Then he got to go to Target to pick out any toy he wanted. Caroline and I looked at shoes while the boys looked at action figures. Apparently it took Jackson a while to decide on the perfect toy. He would pick one out and carry it around for a while then find something else he liked better and so on and so on until he finally decided on a Batman toy. Nice choice, Jackson! After Target we came back to the Hugginses house for cupcakes and presents. We all did a very beautiful rendition of the Happy Birthday song and Jackson blew out his candle. It's funny to me that he gets the whole birthday thing now. He knows he's supposed to be sung to and blow out a candle. He really is so big. We had a really great day with our little man. We are so blessed by our little Jackson. We love you, sweetheart!! Happy Birthday!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Glad to see you guys are adjusting well to Longview. I loved reading about Jackson's birthday. The "No. Don't sing." comment cracks me up! What a funny kid. And then taking his time to get the perfect gift at the store. Very cute! Aren't kids and their little personalities just great.
Post a Comment