Caroline fell down yesterday at the egg hunt. She's 18 months old and is still fairly new to the walking upright thing so she falls a lot. Yesterday, however, she fell and hit her head. She stood up crying, which doesn't always happen, and as she walked toward me all I saw was the bright red blood that had started to stream down her precious little face. I scooped her up and rushed past the other moms on their picnic blankets trying my best to stay calm. I got her into the kitchen and, with a few helping hands, got the supplies needed to clean her up. I started wiping the blood away to figure out just exactly where it was coming from (that stuff goes everywhere and quick). Thankfully, the bleeding stopped really quickly and she wasn't upset for long at all. It turned out that she had gashed her forehead on a little rock in the yard - just a little gash. I cleaned the wound and bandaged it with a Spiderman bandaid and she was ready to get back outside. She played a while longer with a bloodstained dress, but she didn't care. I'm so grateful it was only a little wound and she bounced back so quickly. Thanks to the moms who were there to help!

And I was able to get all of the blood out of her dress on the first try.
Thank you, Oxi Clean!
2 comments:
Oh no! I'm glad she bounced back so quickly. Blood is scary when you're the mommy!
My goodness, Lacey, her beauty is striking!
Post a Comment