Chad and I got to take a weekend for ourselves. (Sigh)
It was fantastic.
the view from the car as we drove down I-20
One of Chad's high school friends was getting married in Austin on Saturday so we enlisted Eileen/Grammy to come and stay with the kiddos so we could have a mini vacation.
We left Friday evening and made our way to Waco where we stayed Friday night.
We never thought we would "vacation" in Waco, but one perk to doing so is
this place...
and these.
The VERY BEST Apple Wheat pancakes EVER!!
Look at the size of that thing!
It was a fabulous way to start the day and we ate way too much. But that's ok because who knows when we'll get back for more.
After our pancake feast, we completed our drive down to Austin. We didn't have any big plans for the early afternoon so we thought it'd be fun to park and walk around downtown. It was fun. Our first stop was...
Wait for it...
WHOLE FOODS.
Yep, that's right.
A grocery store.
But this isn't just any old grocery store.
This place makes food look like art.
I could live in their produce section.
I mean, just look at this.
I was only able to snap these 4 before a Whole Foods employee walked away from spraying some lettuce to let me know they don't allow photography in the store.
Bummer!
At least I got these, right?
We picked up some fabulous organic sodas and some SUPER yummy smoothies and headed out to wander the streets.
We did just that. We wandered and talked and laughed. Fabulous!!
We stopped in Waterloo Records to check out their collections.
Chad found 2 record albums that he couldn't leave without.
We walked some more, talked some more, laughed some more. Chad's really funny. I mean, really funny!
We knew this wandering fun couldn't last forever. We had to head to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.
The place where the wedding was held is called Hacienda del Lago and it's on Lake Travis and it's Beautiful!
Check out the white peacocks that roam the property.
The ceremony was short and sweet and very nice.
We gathered with friends and made our way to a table to await the meal that we were just beginning to smell.
It was so fun to catch up with everyone that we hadn't seen in a while.
We talked and laughed. (That seems to be the theme for the weekend)
We played with the cute centerpieces.
each table had flowers and different salt and pepper shakers. Cute, right!?
Chad tried on Rob's Bowler hat that he wore in the ceremony.
That's Rob in blue in the reflection of Chad's glasses.
I walked around the beautiful grounds and snapped some pictures.
This is where the ceremony was held. All the chairs had been moved at this point. But I think you can get the picture.
This house is beautiful. It has the greatest bathrooms I've seen in a long time.
Fun lanterns in all the trees.
And finally, the reason we were there.
Nate and Randi
Don't they look great!
these kids were blowing bubbles onto the dance floor during the first dance
the flower girl couldn't wait until the first dance was over to get out there so she danced circles around them
Here are some of our friends that we talked and laughed with.
Jorge and Carrie
Weston and Michelle.
I actually knew Weston before I knew Chad.
Britt
He wrote and performed a song for the newlyweds.
It was fantastic.
It was a great weekend. Can't wait to do it again!
To come tomorrow - our awesome photo booth pictures. You'll want to see these. Trust me!





























2 comments:
good stuff! ;o)
First of all, I hate you that you went to the Austin Whole Foods. I could live there all the time. It's the beautiful and yummy place in the world. :) The pictures you took are great. I'm glad you had a fun time together. The wedding was beautiful.
Post a Comment