5.04.2010

Bishop Newman

Chad was called to be the Bishop of our ward here in Longview. For those of you that don't know what this means you can look here. It's a big deal and he's going to be great. Chad is an amazing man. He takes such good care of our family and I know he will do the same for our church family. He is wise, he listens to the spirit, he prays diligently and he knows his stuff. If you have a question about scripture, he's your man. He's awesome and I am blessed to have him as my husband and now as my Bishop.

Chad also felt impressed to have Devin as his 1st Counselor. Now I really know it's not a coincidence that we ended up in the same town and living on the same street as the Hugginses. I know that Heavenly Father needed both Chad and Devin in Longview at the same time. And Jana and I are so happy to be on the same street because now our husband's have the ward in their hands, which means they'll be out of our homes a lot more. We're happy to have each other to lean on. It will be a trying time, but I think we're up for it.

We had a really great day on Sunday. Chad's mom came in from Dallas as did our law school family, The Fishes, and Chad's good friend/mentor, Doug, flew in all the way from Utah. Doug has been a huge influence in Chad's life, especially with regard to the church. Doug's daughter is the one who introduced him to the church. Doug baptized Chad and helped to make it possible for him to serve his 2 year mission in Portugal. We love Doug! It was really great to see him!!

The Fishes stayed after church and came back to the house for dinner. It is always so great to catch up with them. They are really great friends.
Here's a picture of all of us from Sunday.

Note: I am REALLY bummed about his picture. I was using my remote with my camera for the first time and I thought I had it focused, but I guess I did something wrong so the picture is blurry. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Oh well, you get the idea. Grrrrrrrr, again!!!!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Best wishes for you all in this new calling. All I can say about the picture is... wow! That's a lot of beautiful kiddos! :-)

K. Huggins said...

Congrats to Chad!

Janadt.Huggins said...

The picture is not bad. I think we look hotter a bit blurry..;) It was an awesome Sunday. You know I'll always be here to support you. BFF's for-ev-er.