5.21.2010

My Girl, Patty.

In keeping with our "one concert a month" streak, Jana and I again headed out to the HOB in Dallas to hear the ever soulful Patty Griffin. Many thanks to our husbands for letting us go!!! This was our first ever live Patty experience and she did not disappoint.

We met and chatted with a great couple behind us. It's fun finding cool people at concerts! Patty spent most of the opening act on stage with her opener, Buddy Miller. He was very impressive as well.

Patty's set was uplifting, heartfelt, beautiful, faith affirming, the list goes on. As always, thanks to Jana and her tiny camera, we were able to snap some shots of the night. If you've never listened to Patty Griffin, I highly recommend you head over to itunes and check her out or give her website a little once over. "Mary" (a duet with Emmylou) is amazing. "Heavenly Day" will leave you wanting more for sure. The album "Downtown Church" is a new favorite. I listen to it all the time. Give "Coming Home to Me" and "We Shall All Be Reunited" a listen. You'll be glad you did.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

That's right. She's playing spoons. You love her now, too. Don't you?

1 comment:

Janadt.Huggins said...

I admit the spoons where what made me fall even deeper in love. Our next concert is coming up! So glad I get to be your concert buddy. It's the best ever.