Everyone loves a good party, right? Well, Jana and I like to throw a good party. We started brainstorming for our friend Felicia's baby shower probably 3 months ago (the shower was this past Saturday). Together we came up with some really great ideas - two heads are better than one, right? It seemed that one of us would come up with an idea and the other would add the oomph or the finishing touch it needed. Here's a look at what we did.
(I didn't get good pictures of all of the decorations. There were stars hanging from the ceiling and a precious star garland on the fireplace.)
Ok. Here goes.
The invitations by Jana. It was my idea to add the brown. ;-)
Red velvet cupcakes and adorable star cupcake toppers, also Jana's creation.
The diaper cake. This was my first diaper cake and I have to say, I can't wait until someone else has a baby. I really loved making this!
The spread. We had so much wonderful help with food.
(my family may recognize the breakfast casserole)
Aren't those bicycle napkins wonderful?! We found those at Target and I think they were one of the things I was most excited about.
The thank you gifts for our party guests and the thank you cards ready to be addressed by the gift givers.
This is where it got really fun.
This was our craft station. We had onesies for the baby and t-shirts for the big brother to be decorated with the fabulous templates and the oh so cute fabric you see there. We ironed on adhesive backing to all the fabric and left the paper on the backing. Our party guests traced the desired shape onto the paper backing then cut it out. They then removed the backing and ironed their design onto the shirt.
Here, Jana is explaining the activity. And showing how to peel off the backing.
The tie is ready to be ironed on.
Here are some of our crafty shower guests and their creations.
We even had some venture out and do their own designs.
Even the Mama made one.
The finished products displayed on ribbon with clothes pins.
Here we are with our sweet friend, Felicia.
We were so happy to do this for her. She really deserved a great party!
And we sure hope baby Emerson likes his shirts!
























3 comments:
Oh, my goodness! That is an awesome idea for a shower!!! I absoluetly love all of the little onesies! Y'all are so creative. :-)
I really do think we need to start a party business. It was awesome. i loved every moment. It was awesome. Looking at the pictures I keep thinking, man, we're good! Cause we are. :)
Wow!! Seriously, that's one lucky girl to get a shower like that. That craft idea is FANTASTIC. Please be flattered when I steal that idea. Umm, I'm serious. Gonna be stealing it at the end of the year :)
Post a Comment