2.25.2011

Girl's Night In.

The Newman boys are off on an adventure of their own for the weekend so Caroline and I have the house all to ourselves. How could we not have a girl's night?!

At first, I think she was a bit bummed she wasn't going along with the guys so I had to come up with something for her to get excited about.

It started with a quick run to Walmart for pizza supplies. Then the fun began!

Photobucket

It was Caroline's idea to make ham and pineapple pizza. Those just happen to be 2 of my favorite pizza toppings. I sure love that girl! She was so cute making dinner for us.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Doesn't she look so proud!

We took a break while the pizza was in the oven to read a little story.
Photobucket

What goes great with pizza?

Chocolate chip cookies do.
Photobucket

We pulled out our picnic blanket and set up our spread on the living room floor for a little dinner and a movie action.
Photobucket

Following dinner and dessert we painted our nails a lovely shade of green. Caroline sat so still and was so excited to have her nails done.
Photobucket
Even though she could see that I was taking a picture of our feet she still said, "Cheese!" - she cracks me up!

It was a fun night. Caroline's excitement for each new thing we did was so contagious. I think she's pretty easy to please but she made me feel like the coolest mom ever tonight.
(After I put her in bed and closed her door she continued to yell out, "I love you, Mama" off and on for about 2 minutes. She fills my heart with joy!)

I miss Chad and Jackson like crazy, but I'm grateful for the one on one time with Caroline.

Now, I'm tired and in bed with my laptop. My friends at the Pawnee Parks and Recreation are keeping me company along with a Real Simple magazine I picked up in the Walmart check out line.
Photobucket

Pretty great end to a perfect girl's night in.


1 comment:

Janadt.Huggins said...

what a awesome girls night! And for the record, you are the coolest mom ever.