Which would keep your interest?
For our children it was the latter.
We, Newmans, were first-timers at the Annual Balloon glow (part of the Hot Air Balloon race festivities). It's a big attraction in Longview and kind of puts us on the map. Kind of.
Thanks to the firm we had VIP tickets and were treated to barbecue in an air-conditioned tent. Booyah!!
After the grub we watched the Wells Fargo wagon grow from the ground as it was filled with air. Then we found our way over to bouncy house heaven and the kids concluded that's where they wanted to stay. The enclosed area was swarming with little rugrats and bigger rugrats. The perimeter was lined with about 10 different bouncy type activities. There were mazes and a train, slides and a wiggly ladder to climb. There was even a gladiator type activity. You know, the object is to knock your opponent off his post with a large (yet padded in this case) stick. As the children played we would occasionally hear and see one of the balloons light up with fire and I'd try to snap a picture. We never did make it over to see them up close, but the kids didn't mind. They would rather bounce.
When we'd had all the fun we could stand we left, all four of us, tired and filthy.
I'm glad we were able to make it this year. I look forward to making this an annual outing. Maybe next year we'll actually see the balloons.
And you might not hear from me for a few days.
We're going on VACATION!!!!!






















3 comments:
Looks like they had so much fun! Safe travels and I hope you all enjoy the time off together!
Looks like a blast. I can't believe how grown up Caroline is. What sweet kids.
We had a fantastic time going with you guys! I think you got some great pictures!
Post a Comment