7.07.2011

Slippin' and Slidin' on the 4th of July

The Fourth of July has always been a favorite of mine. I have fond memories from my childhood of being at the lake with my family, pool parties, barbecues with friends, fireworks, sparklers, banana pudding, and lots of fun!

Somehow, since our children have been with us we haven't done much to celebrate this holiday. This year, I wanted to change that. We got together for a barbecue with friends, played on the slip-n-slide and ate banana pudding and ice cream pie.

We planned on making fireworks a part of our evening, but as night approached so did the rain clouds. We ended up staying home, but it was still a very successful and fun fourth of July.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
She's so excited she just can't hide it.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was great fun! I hope all of you had a wonderful 4th as well.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

They are slip-n-slide pro's! Thanks for sharing the fourth with us. Don't think I'm crazy or anything but your banana pudding was so stinking good I even had a dream about eating some. Thanks for sharing the recipe with me!