11.29.2011

i choose to eat alone

Before children, I felt sad eating alone.  The few occasions where I ate alone at a restaurant were awful.  I hated it.  My view has changed.  Lunch time can be crazy at my house - even when it's just me and the girl at home.  I decided when Jackson was younger that I enjoyed lunch much more when I fed the children then fed myself.  Sometimes that means I don't eat lunch until almost 2, but I think it's worth it.  

There have been the times when we all eat together but by the time I've refilled drinks, gotten more chips, fruit, etc and cleaned up the refilled drink that spilled for the 2nd time, my food is cold and I'm frustrated and not hungry anymore.  So I wait.

Today, like almost every other day, with the house quiet, I warmed up some yummy stew from a friend, sliced off a piece of homemade bread (from the same friend) and curled up on the couch to watch a dvr'd show.  All.  Alone.  

It was great!  

I LOVE my time with my kids.  They make me laugh.  They make me happy.  They make me proud.  But lunch time - it's my time.  

1 comment:

K. Huggins said...

completely agree and understand this all too well! ;o)