So, I've had my tree and decorations up for a month. I've been listening to Christmas music every one of those days as well. Still, I can't believe I'm sitting here and it's 9:41 pm on Christmas day. Where did this last month go? Every year December does this to me. I think it knows how much I love this time of year so it speeds up as some sort of trick. Well, December, I'm on to you. You can stop it now. Next year I want you to last twice as long. Ok?
Though it went fast, it was wonderful. I may have been a little over zealous with my advent calendar this year. We really only did about half of the activities and most were not even on their assigned nights. But, none the less, we celebrated and felt the spirit of the season. Chad and I took opportunities with the children to share stories and videos of the Savior. We were able to teach them more about service and the importance of taking care of our fellow men.
We bought a few new Christmas books to add to our collection - "It's Christmas, David" and "Llama Llama Holiday Drama". Both very cute and much enjoyed by the kiddos. We watched almost all of the Christmas movies we own. A new favorite for Caroline this year - "Elf". That one was watched more than just a few times. We had some very special visitors come into town to watch Chad perform as a pirate in "Peter Pan" with the Longview ballet theater. Chad's mom and his grandparents came in for a very quick trip, but it was, as always, a joy to spend even a little time with them. As they walked out the door and we closed it behind them Caroline turned to me and said, "I sure wish they could stay." I did too.
"Peter Pan" was amazing and Chad was simply marvelous as a pirate. He was a joy to watch and we were all so proud of him and all of the hard work he'd put into the production. The entire show was so wonderful as well. The dancers all outdid themselves. It was such a fantastic night and both of our children sat mesmerized through the entire ballet. At the beginning we were encouraged to applaud when we felt like it. Caroline took that seriously. She applauded through the entire thing. The children loved the pirates and the Croc. They both lit up whenever either came on stage. After the show we were able to meet the pirates and the dancers. Both children were a little nervous about it but I was able to convince Jackson to get in a few pictures with some of them.
Meeting Captain Hook was something else. Hook tried and tried to get either one of the children to give him a high 5 on his hook. Neither of the children would. On the way home Jackson asked me, "Was his hook real?" When I told him it wasn't I asked him if that's why he didn't want to give him a high 5. It was. He thought he really had a hook hand.
Such a fun night and one I think both of the children will remember for a long time.
We also went to a Christmas parade, watched the fabulous Christmas program at church (side note: I was excited to sing with my friend, Tami, but the day before the program my voice went out.) We put together a gingerbread house, then ate some of it, made cookies for Santa, did some Christmas shopping, made a special Christmas dinner, and ate way to many cookies and candies and put together the Hogwarts castle.
It's been a wonderful Christmas Season. We are so blessed and so thankful for all that we have. We're really excited for the new year and can't wait to see what's in store for our family. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!
Here are a few pictures of how we spent our Christmas this year. I have more, but I'll have to get to them later.












1 comment:
Awesome Christmas post! Glad you had a fantastic season. I'm also thrilled I got to participate in some of the celebratings! Merry Christmas Lacey!!!!
Post a Comment