4.20.2012

"I bet mama will be glad when..."

A nice old man, with more teeth missing than not, took the information about my car this morning before my routine oil change.  He commented on the cuteness of Caroline and asked if she was in school yet.  I told him she was not and that because of her late September birthday she still has a couple more years before the big K.  He then said, "I bet mama will be glad when she starts school."  He meant no harm in his statement and I was actually grateful he said it.  It gave me the opportunity to, in the presence of my sweet Caroline, tell another person how much I love her.  She got to hear me say how grateful I am for how she helps me at home, how much fun she is to shop with and how I enjoy playing with her.  As I relayed all of the reasons I will miss her when she starts school, she sat on my hip with the biggest grin on her face.  

 {she helped me by cleaning the backseat of the car all by herself one day}

I know she will love kindergarten and I'm excited for her to experience school, but I'm grateful for her late September birthday that will keep her here with me a little longer.

And how could I not miss this face?






No comments: