The other day Chad rearranged our bookshelves and put a book I made that covered the first year of me blogging our life. We cuddled on the couch one evening and read it together. He commented that I used to really keep up the blog up well. Reading that book with the kids and seeing how tickled they were by the things I had written about them and the pictures I'd captured of them really made me realize how important it is that I continue to do that. So many things I know I will forget and so many things I really don't want to forget. Caroline cornered me the other day and asked me over and over to tell her stories about when she was little. I told her as much as I could remember off the top of my head, but I was saddened to realize that the top of my head didn't really offer as much as I'd hoped it would. I don't keep a journal. This is my journal. My journal for my family. I know things are about to turn upside down for a while (if not upside down, then at least sideways a little), but for the sake of these beautiful babies, I hope I can do a better job of taking a minute to sit here and share our life with the world wide web aka the few people who may still check this page every once in a while and those precious kids who corner me and beg me to tell them stories from when they were little.
Some of the things from right now that I don't want to forget.
Caroline carries around a pen and paper and makes endless lists of nonsense and will occasionally ask you to read it. No matter what you say, it's never right.
Jackson is developing such a great sense of humor. Caroline does a crab walk in her dance class and one day she demonstrated it for us at home. Jackson wasn't satisfied with hers and made his own. If you're ever around ask for a demonstration. It's hilarious!
Jackson, who has always been very literal minded, still is.
Caroline has been so sweet to me as my belly has gotten more full of baby William. I can always count on her to help me up or out of a chair. She will drop whatever it is she's doing and say, "I got you, mom."
They both enjoy playing Zombies.
I love the way they hear the garage door open and know Daddy's home. They drop what they're doing and run to the door to greet him/attack him with love and hugs.
They are both on lego kicks. Jackson has quite a few sets, but recently Caroline has started acquiring some of her own. She's not quite as interested in the construction as jackson is, but I think as she gets a little older she will be. Jackson, on the other hand, is an assembly master. That kid can have a huge set put together in no time. And should it come apart, he has no problem putting it back together with or without the instructions. He amazes me.
Chad got a Ukulele for the family for Christmas and Caroline has taken it as her own. She carries it around playing and singing. Occasionally she'll have it alone in her room, sitting on her bed, just playing and singing her heart out. I think she may just be our little singer/song writer. Be still my soul! :-)
We have added bearing our testimonies to our end of the day scripture study and prayer time. These children blow me away with their testimonies and the things they think to talk to Heavenly Father about. Now, every night is not always a winner, but some nights they bring me to tears.
Now, back to that big event coming up. Baby William is that big event and unless he comes sooner he will be here on the 10th. That's one week from tomorrow, folks. I couldn't be happier. To say this pregnancy has been fun would be a lie. There are many things I like about being pregnant and many things I don't like. William, when you read this someday, it is nothing against you! I promise. Mommy, just doesn't handle pregnancy with as much grace and poise as she wishes she could. Especially the last few weeks. I'm sitting here right now with swollen lips, hands, feet and ankles and a belly that rests on my lap. Oh, and I have heartburn. But I can feel you moving. That is magical! You have been so strong this whole time. So strong, in fact, that the other night Jackson told Caroline they should stop praying that you would have good strength because you were "beating mom up." You like to poke me with knees and feet and make it so I have to make mad dashes to the bathroom every time I stand up. But, really it's ok. It helps me know you're doing well in there. Although sometimes your kicks, turns and jabs cause me to groan or shriek, I am grateful for them and for you. I sure can't wait to meet you. I know you are going to be so beautiful and amazing. Just like your older brother and sister, who also can't wait to meet you. Daddy can't wait to see what kind of little guy you'll be. He hopes you'll like Star Wars. It's ok if you don't though. But I bet you will. I can tell you're cool like that. We love you already! And if you want to come before the 10th, that it totally cool with me. Totally.
Now, I have one confession to make. I was listening to Taylor Swift's new album the entire time typing this. I know. I don't know how I feel about it either, but I like it. So... that's all that really matters, right.
Don't judge me. Good night.


1 comment:
Beautiful! I love it! Just a few more days. Hang in there Lacey!
Post a Comment